CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Can you say relaxing?

This weekend I got to do something I have never done since having children (my oldest turned 10 in September!). I went away for the weekend with the girls. My friends Laura, Susan and I went to the beach for the weekend- no kids, no husbands. Between the 3 of us, we have 10 kids under 10. We had a great time! We shopped, ate, ordered room service, stayed up late, slept in, got pedicures and massages, and laughed. We laughed so much! We ate at restaurants with cloth napkins and multiple forks. I went to a store and did not have to take someone potty. I ate dinner and did not have to fight with a 2 year old. I woke up because I wanted to and not because someone needed some juice. I watch something on TV that did not involve cartoons or singing men from Australia. Did I mention that I needed this? Don't get me wrong, I love my family and I love taking care of them, but everyone needs to recharge. Some of the highlights were ordering 3 types of dessert from room service last night at 11pm and not caring that you shouldn't eat all that sugar before bed and going in a store and looking in your department for new clothes (I did buy the girls clothes and Jonathon a hat, hey! what do you expect, I am a MOM!). We went to Ben & Jerry's and I got an ice cream cone of Chocolate Therapy. OH MY! Everything good about chocolate was in that ice cream. So good!!! This morning I got a pedicure. I love pedicures, but due to a small budget, they are a rare treat. It felt so good and my toes look great! Thank you to Les for taking over while I was gone- he really did a good job- and encouraging me to go, because he loves me enough to know that I really needed it. As we were getting Susan's stuff out of the car, we decided we would probably make it until spring before we needed to go again- 5 months and counting!!

2 comments:

Jen

can i go next time? that sounds like fun and good for you for getting away minus the kiddos!

Cindy

glad you had lots of fun. you deserve it! i agree with jen, we'd like to expand the group next time. :-)