CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Catch Up!!!

I know, I know! It has been forever since my last post! It has been a very busy week.

Last Friday, we left to visit family. This is always an adventure - 3 kids and an old dog! On Saturday, we went to my nephew Isaac's 3rd birthday party at Stumphouse Tunnel. This is a really cool place in Walhalla (my home town) that is an actual tunnel that was constructed 150 years ago to try to take the train through the mountain. It is about 300 yard deep and very dark, but really neat. My sister - in- law, Katie, planned a very cool party. The kids went on a scavenger hunt to try to find Thomas the Tank Engine's whistle. Of course we ended up in the tunnel. Unfortunately, she game them all train whistles. Just imagine the sound of 20 whistles being blown in a tunnel - can you say ear splitting!!!. It was really fun!

On Sunday, we went to a yearly family reunion. My dad's family goes to Buck Creek NC every year on the 3rd Sunday in July. We have Sunday school under a large tree at the cemetery where we have what you would call dedication. Well, this year, God was working on me to say something to my family. Needless to say, NERVE WRACKING! It is so hard to talk to family about salvation. I was obedient, and at the end of Sunday school, my grandmother called me up to talk. My family is large. I think there was 50 people there. I started by telling everyone about Victory Sports and I used the bracelet that we use at Victory to present the plan of salvation to my family. I couldn't tell what everyone was thinking and after a little bit I couldn't see them either because of the tears in my eyes. When I finished and sat down, Grace turned to me and said "Mom, that was great!" Have I mentioned that I have wonderful kids!!! God didn't make me wait long to see if anyone was really listening. We all drove to a park for a picnic lunch. While we were eating, my cousin Justin walked up and wanted to know what white meant. I told him and then offered my bracelet to him. His smile was all the answer I needed to have. I followed him back to his table to see what he was doing, and he was telling his aunt, another cousin, every word I had said!!! PTL!!!! I was so excited! Then, as we were cleaning up, another cousin, Kevin, came over to see if I had any more bracelets. His girlfriend, who had came with him, would like to have one. I did have one in the van. While we walked to the van, I got a chance to talk to him. It blows me away that God thinks I am worthy to tell others about him!!

Monday, I started working Palmetto Sports Camp. I am helping with soccer. I have never played soccer in my life, but I am having so much fun that I had to go buy a pink and white soccer ball. It has been very hot, but the kids have had so much fun. Monday we had 96 kids, Tuesday we had 100 kids, Wednesday we had 105 kids and today we had 97 kids!!!! Yesterday, the fire truck came and sprayed us all with the cannon on top. That was awesome!!!! I think the kids had as much fun as the adults!

Monday night the ORANGE played and unfortunately, we lost! We did great at the beginning, scoring 7 runs in the first inning, but we only scored 1 more the rest of the game. Our bats stopped and you can't win if you can't hit the ball! We have a game tonight, so I will let you know how it goes! GO ORANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 comments: