CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Church on the mountain

Every year on the 3rd Sunday in July, my family goes to what we call Buck Creek. It is when we go to Buck Creek NC and have church on the mountain underneath a tree in a grave yard. There is just something amazing about singing praises to our savior on the top of a mountain. Even though it isn't easy to pack up the family and spend a lot of the day driving (to the mountains, from the mountains and then back to our home- total about 5 hours), it is so worth it. In the picture above, my kids are spread out listening to the singing.
This is my grandmother, we call her Nana. After the singing, she teaches Sunday School to everyone. She is amazing.
This is my grandfather, we call him Papa. He turned 84 this year, but that didn't stop him from making the trip. They have been an amazing example of living like Christ. I have a picture of them on my refrigerator to remind me of the type of marriage I want to have.
Ella got a little antsy, so she went to see the flowers at a nearby grave.
Nana, my aunt Joyce, my aunt Mary and Margaret sang a special song. It was beautiful.