CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 21, 2010

Service

This morning our pastor preached on being a servant and Jesus' example when He washed the disciple's feet. One of his final comments was maybe we should start with serving those closest to us, in our very own home. This got me to thinking. I spend way to much time complaining and yelling and fussing about the very people that God entrusted to me to care for- to serve in love. I intend to purposefully spend this week with a servants heart toward my family. They are my greatest blessing, besides my salvation. A servant serves out of love not duty. A servant fills a need. A servant doesn't do things for show or recognition. I want to be a loving servant this week. I want to fill the needs of my family. I want to do these things without looking for recognition (this is a big one for me- my love language is words of affirmation, so I really like being told that I am doing a good job). I want to take care of the practical stuff without becoming bitter. This is my prayer for this week.


1 comments:

Patty Patterson

I think we're all guilty of complaining every once in awhile. A family is an ocerwhelming responsibility and there is much that needs to be done. But, serving our families with a joyful heart is so important. Thanks for the reminder!