CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

so lucky

Today, after we dropped Jonathon at basketball practice, we were driving home. Our route takes us on a street that goes through a poor part of town. I am sure that isn't politically correct, but it is true. We had to slow down to let some high schoolers cross the street and Ella said, "they are so lucky!" I asked her why. Her reason, "they have a park just across the street!" I was proud and ashamed all in the same breath. I was so proud that she is innocent of the fact that we were in the poorest part of town. I was ashamed that I didn't see the blessings instead of the things that lacked as I was driving a road I drive every day. Oh the innocence of a child. Yes Ella, you are right. Having a park so close to home does make you lucky.

0 comments: