CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 22, 2008

Peace! Be still!

Saturday morning, Grace and I were hanging out on the bed, talking, when she said she loved the playground at the church where we play basketball. This is the exchange that followed.

Grace- "I love the playground at Sisk. I like to sneak out there."
Me - "What if there is a bad man out there?"
Grace- "I would run away from him."
Me- "What if he said, 'Little girl, you are so cute, would you like to see my new puppy in my car?'"
Grace-" I would say NO! and run away"
Me-"What if he grabbed your arm and wouldn't let you run?"
(Note: I am looking for a response like scream, call for help, etc.)
Grace- " I would say, 'Peace! Be still!'" (she even held up her fingers in a Peace sign)

I tried not to laugh, but I couldn't help it. She was totally serious. We then had a conversation of what to say when "peace, be still" did not work. I love my kids, they say the weirdest things!

0 comments: