CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 4, 2008

Random Thoughts

The other day, as I was driving, I realized that in 2 & 1/2 years, I would have a teenager. I almost cried. I am way to young to have a child that old. And then my friend, who will remain nameless, Chris, pointed out that in 7 years, my son would be going to college. That made me way sad. Then I realized that Ella would still be in elementary school when Jonathon went to college and it made my head hurt. When I was young, I had my life all planned out. I would go to college, get married, have 2 kids- a boy and a girl, 2 years apart, work full time as a teacher and we would all live happily ever after. I was wrong about most of it. I did go to college, but I quit in my second year because I was homesick and lonely and broke. I did get married, but at a younger age than I planned- 19. I did have 2 kids, a boy and a girl, but neither were come by easily and they were 4 & 1/2 years apart and then we had another 3 & 1/2 years later. I did try the full time thing, but hated it, so I am a full time mom and part time preschool teacher, which works rather well for our family. We are living happily, but not every day is perfect, some are not even close and a few are not even good, but most are happy. It just blows me away that my plans and God's plans were pretty different. I am so glad that He knows best and things weren't left to me. I think of all the people I would not have met or the experiences I would not have had if I had been in charge. Don't get me wrong, I am not whining, just pondering. I am so thankful for the family God has given to me. I know I mess up more than my share, but He is a God of grace, so I get to start over every morning. I think I will start tomorrow morning with hugs and "I love you".

2 comments:

Karen @Snakes-Snails-Puppydogtails

I came across your blog from Jen W's I love it! This comment is so true of me too! love it!

jennifer j

I have to agree -- God's plans for my life were way different than my own, but so much better!