CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 26, 2007

Coaching

Today was the last day of T-ball and baseball. My husband and I coach in a league called Victory Sports. I coached 4K t-ball. I think the funniest part of the whole season was watching the coaches try not to get hit with the bat when they were helping the kids hit. It was like they were Elaine on Seinfeld dancing! I had a great team. Of course every year you have a few of the same types of kids. You have the serious ball players, the silly ball players ( like Grace and her friend Draye who were playing London Bridge in the outfield while the ball rolled by them - TWICE), the rather not be there ball players, and the ball players who think the dirt and grass are more interesting than any ball. I think we had a successful season, though, because they learned the order to run the bases, all the players can hit the ball off the tee, and most of them can even field the ball (for those of you without baseball knowledge-SHAME, SHAME- that is when the ball is rolling on the ground and you scoop it up and throw it the 1st). Jonathon's team had their last game today also. He has improved sooooooo much over the last 2 years. When he started playing baseball, he only had 3 hits all season, but now he has 3 home runs a game. I am so proud of him. Thursday night was my last night coaching middle school girls volleyball. I never thought I could become so attached to a team, but those girl really touched my heart. Not only did they learn volleyball ( the improvement over the season was amazing!!), but they grew to be a team. Maybe this is an age group God wants me to explore. I always thought my "thing" was preschoolers, but maybe you can have two "things". I asked Les today what we were going to do with our time, and he reminded me that softball starts in a week. The madness never ends!!!

0 comments: