CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Tooth Fairy

This morning my son, Jonathon, came downstairs to leave for school and said, "the tooth fairy didn't come." My heart stopped. I had forgotten that Grace had lost a tooth last night before dinner. My mind started racing with ways to slip her the $ without being caught and trying to come up with an explanation of why the $ wasn't there when she looked first thing. While I am doing a mental marathon, with a pouting 5 year old at my side, I hear Jonathon call Grace and say, "Grace, she did come. I heard the top of the tooth box ( a little ceramic box that she puts lost teeth in so the tooth fairy doesn't have to dig through the millions of pillows on her bed) rattle and I went to check and there was $". I looked at Jonathon with tears in my eyes. He has to be the sweetest child alive. He saw how upset she was and made it right. I told him he could not tell her that he did that and he said okay. I guess he figured out the tooth fairy, huh! You have moments as a parent that let you know you are doing a pretty good job with your kids, and this was definitely one, big time!

0 comments: