CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Frustration

I don't think anything in the world makes me more irritated than having to wait. Whether it is the line at Wal-Mart (which always happens, because there is never more than four lines open and I always pick the slowest one), or in the line at the drive-thru at McDonalds ( which always happens and then the happy meals are wrong because they left out the caramel dip for the apples or the apples all together). But, yesterday, I think I hit my waiting boiling point. As I mentioned earlier, I keep a little girl in the afternoons. She goes to a private school in Rock Hill (which will remain nameless, even though I should name them because they made me that mad!!!) Anyway, back to the story. She went on a field trip to the zoo in Columbia. The class was leaving Columbia at 115pm. School dismisses at 230pm. I know some of you are already seeing an issue with their schedule because it takes a bus full of 1st graders longer than 1 hour and 15 minutes to return. In their defense, I was supposed to call before I left to pick her up to make sure they were on schedule -I forgot! I remembered half way there. Then I realized that I had forgotten my cell phone. I decided just to go anyway, they couldn't be more than 15 or 20 minutes late, right. WRONG! I pulled up in line and was told they were not back and I needed to park in the parking lot. The kids were not happy about this. Did I mention there were 5 kids already in my van? Do you know how much fun it is to wait in the van for any amount of time with a toddler? It is NOT fun!! We parked at 2:30pm. The person who told us to park said they would be back by 240, 245 at the latest. At 300, I got fed up. I asked the parking lot teacher if she knew how much longer. She said they had called the principal, but all she knew was they would be there when they pulled in the parking lot. I left. I had to go get gas and Grace needed to pee (I found this out at 235). We went to the gas station and while I was pumping gas I sent Jonathon in the store with Grace so she could pee. He came back out and said they didn't have a bathroom. I put him in the van with all the kids and took her in myself because I had to get the receipt even though I had used pay at the pump (ironic isn't it!). I asked the clerk for the receipt and asked if my child could use the bathroom. She said they did not have a bathroom. I guess to work at that gas station you have to have a very large bladder. I know you are thinking that this can't get better, but it can. We went back to the school-still no bus, so I sent Jonathon in the school with Grace still in search of a bathroom. I could see him through the glass windows at the front of the school. He was just standing there. He stood there for a few minutes and then they came out. I asked him, as they were walking across the parking lot if he had taken Grace to the bathroom. He said they said no. As this point, I lost it. I asked him who told him that. He said a teacher who walked by them in the lobby. The parking lot teacher saw me freaking out and came over. She asked me what was wrong, so I told her. I'm sure she wished she would have stayed on the other side of the parking lot. She was very nice, unlike the lady inside, and took Grace to the bathroom for me. At 315 the bus finally arrived. By this time Ella is screaming "SNACK!" and my nerves are shot! I guess it pays to always have your cell phone.

0 comments: